Good Landscaping Adds Value
Doing some simple DIY landscaping to your outdoor area and garden can really increase the appeal of your home. Or hire a professional for larger projects and get the benefit of their design ideas, too.
It will help you to enjoy your home much more, and assist in getting a higher price if you decide to sell.
Landscaping does not need to cost the earth, but does require you to do some planning and hands on work to achieve great results.
Simple Landscaping & Gardening Ideas
Some of the simple landscaping tasks you may consider doing include:
- Mow and edge your lawn
- Trim trees and bushes, or replacing them if necessary
- Plant trees and shrubs to hide less appealing areas around your home
- Weed and mulch
- Plant low maintenance waterwise plants including natives
- Install raised veggie gardens add to the charm (and provide organic food as well)
- Add small retaining timbers or materials to separate parts of the garden
Bigger Landscaping Projects
- Create an outdoor seating area
- Add a firepit with seating around it (away from main building)
- Use combinations of different surfaces such as mulch, grass, paving and gravel to create different zones
- Add retaining walls to step down slopes and create different zones
- Build a patio and entertaining area
- Create paths through the garden
- Install outdoor blinds so you can enjoy your garden in any weather
Where possible using recycled brick or surplus building materials to create these areas will help save you money on landscaping costs, yet still make the area look inviting as long as it’s done well.
The added value isn’t just in the actual materials used but the way the area can be enjoyed. People pay a premium for well designed useful spaces and garden areas.
A & A Plastic Strip Curtains
Our range of Ziptrak blinds for patios, decks and verandahs also enhance outside areas beautifully. Combined with excellent landscaping, outdoor blinds open up a whole range of ways to enjoy your available living spaces.
Please contact us for prices and more information. We’re located south of the river in O’Connor but install blinds all over the Perth metro area.