I know, I know… yes, we install cafe blinds and don’t make coffee professionally but we do know a thing or two and want to help anyone who’ll listen! Go on have a quick read…
Coffee drinking at a café is a favourite pleasure of many, yet unfortunately it can become pricey when we drink a lot of it. Learning how to make a perfect coffee at home or your work place is therefore a huge necessity. Here are some tips on how to replicate a café brew at home or work.
Cafe Coffee Tips
- Purchase coffee beans that are less than a month old and grind them when you are ready to use them. Conical burr grinders are best. Though coffee beans may keep for years, the flavour does not improve with age.
- Store coffee in an airtight container, like a zip lock bag. Storing coffee beans in the fridge or freezer is a myth, as beans stored this way are subject to condensation which ruins the flavour.
- Use 18 to 22 grams of coffee in your expresso machine. This amount will produce a double shot, so use less if you only want a single or weaker coffee.
- The consistency of your coffee grind will have an impact on how fast the hot water flows through it when in your machine. Adjust the type of grind to suit your desired taste and flavour.
- Heating or frothing the milk is a skill that requires practise to master. First dip the nozzle into the very top of the milk until it starts to warm, and then position it lower down to heat the rest. The milk is ready when its jug is almost too hot to touch.
A & A Plastic Strip Curtains
We hope these basic tips help you make better coffee but if you really want to get all the details from a real barista then read this. And once you’ve mastered the art and wish to create the perfect outdoor living area complete with cafe blinds or ziptrak blinds, please call us in Perth on (08) 9331 5199. We read emails too 🙂