As we head further into spring and then summer, getting outdoors and enjoying Perth’s weather is on our minds. Having a picnic in Perth is a great way to relax and catch up with friends and family. So here are some great picnic spots we know about and tips to help keep everyone happy!
Recommended Perth Picnic Spots
Here are some very nice places that you may (or may not) know about. Google them for further information and directions. We hope it leads to a wonderful day out, enjoy!
- Kings Park, near the city
- Hyde Park, Mt Lawley
- Point Walter, Bicton
- Heathcote Reserve, Applecross
- South Beach, South Fremantle
- Peppermint Grove foreshore near yacht club, Peppermint Grove
- Chidley Point, Mosman Park
- Lake Monger, Wembley
- Whiteman Park, Swan Valley
4 Easy Picnic Tips
- Take food that is easy to transport and can be eaten with your fingers. Dealing with cutlery can be a hassle and plastic cutlery creates too much rubbish. Finger foods such as mini quiches, cheesy spinach filo triangles and little sandwiches and hotdogs are always popular.
- Consider the containers you are packing the picnic food into. Will they also be suitable for serving and allow everyone to help themselves easily?
- Make enough to share with friends and you’ll enjoy some tasty treats that others have made. Put all your food out at once, so everyone can see what’s on offer.
- A handy tip for Perth is to take a collapsible fly screen net to put over the food. That way it can be left out for seconds without any worry.
A & A Plastic Strip Curtains
Of course if you can’t get out of the house for day in the sun, you could always enjoy your own backyard! We specialise in creating outdoor living areas with our range of blinds and screens. Call (08) 9331 5199 for a free quote and advice.